Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Why He Jumped by Gilbert Blythe | Review




Series: Why He Jumped

Published: May 9th, 2014 by Wattpad

Pages: 17

Date Finished: August 4th, 2015

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Age Recommendation: 12+

Why He Jumped by Gilbert Blythe was very well written. I had high hopes going into the series and although it wasn't a tear-jerker for me as it appeared to be for everyone else, (which is why I knocked off half a star) I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

It follows the story of a teenager named Matthew and how him and his friends deal with the suicide of someone close to them all. It goes on to show the grieving process that takes place after someone commits suicide, and how certain people are left to think that they could have done more when that's not always possible. It also shows that words really do hurt and something you say could result in a tragedy.

The subject matter really touched me and I appreciated that about the book. I really liked how creative the author was with his words and vocabulary and it didn't feel like any of the characters were "faking it." I also loved the two small plot twists in the story revolving around Oliver and Adam. The author did a great job at making things "believable."

I'll definitely go on to read the prequel.





No comments:

Post a Comment